Welcome

Enjoy. Feel free to comment.

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Actor

A heart that beats,
My heart beats,
For the actor of the show.

But his eyes wander
Into the distance
Searching for what I do not know.

I sing my song.
He hears the tune
But his gaze is not on me.

His gaze has shifted
Into the distance
Where I cannot be.

There, flaps its wings
A bird
The color of the stars.

It sings its song,
But not to him.
The actor of the show.

He sings to it,
There's no reply.
And off away it goes.

The actor cries,
In sorrow sighs,
But I knew it all along.

This bird cannot be cadged
It must fly free
And when it's trapped, it dies.

The curtains fall.
The actor cries.
But I sing my tune to him.

He hears my song
And sings along
A beautiful melody.

The curtains rise.
He plays his part
And happy together we shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Poetry Blog Rankings